FAQ: How It Works
- Completing Forms Online – 3 step process
- How are legal documents created?
- Which Web browser do I need?
- I don’t understand what a question means or is referring to.
- I have a red asterisk next to a questions group after completing my document. What does this mean?
- What happens when my document is reviewed and complete?
- How do I print my document?
- My account, My services, My documents – Tell me more!
- Web site Safety and Security. Is your web site secure?
We are a Legal Document Preparation Center for Florida residents. We operate throughout the State of Florida on the Internet using phone, email, and Skype. We have in-person services in Port St. Lucie, FL. We are not a law firm and thus we cannot provide you with legal advice.
1. Why do I need to register?
To help safeguard all confidential customer information, we must require you to register and log in to enter the MyLegalAffairs™ safe and secure customer portal. You can register and start answering questions in the questionnaire without making payment until you are finished.
2. How do I register?
Simply click the Save/Purchase button within the web browser where you are assembling your document. Then you will be prompted to register if you are a new customer. Registration requires just your email address and a password. You have the option of adding a mailing address and phone number once you set up an account.
3. What if I forgot my password?
Not a problem. Click the “Forgot Username or Password?” link at the top-right corner of the MyLegalAffairs™ customer portal login page or the home page, and we will email the username and password to the email you used while registering for your MyLegalAffairs™ account.
4. How do I change my password?
When logged in to MyLegalAffairs™ safe and secure customer portal, click on “My Account” in the top menu bar and verify all of your contact information is correct. Under the “Update” button you will see a blue “Click here” to change your password link, then you will be prompted to enter your old password and new password to change it.
5. I’m not a resident of Florida. Can I still get my documents through you?
Unfortunately, no. Our documents are specific to Florida State law.
There is an easy to follow 3 Step Process:
- Register and Choose a Service – Choose a document and enter your information in the Online questionnaire. Register with your name and email address. (This creates an account for you and enables you to save your data in the online questionnaire). Access your secure MyLegalAffairs™ account every time you sign in, with your email address and password. Continue to complete your questionnaire.
- Purchase a legal document preparation service when you are ready.
- Document Review – A member of our legal technician team will review your document for consistency and to make sure that you have answered every required question on the questionnaire. Final documents are returned to you through your MyLegalAffairs™ account ready for signature and execution, or when appropriate, for you to file in court. You will also receive a paper copy in the mail at no additional cost.
Your documents are created with the help of our SmartForms technology, which asks you a series of easy-to-answer questions that tailor themselves to your circumstances. Each question is accompanied with explanatory notes designed to provide you with the information needed to answer the question correctly. The use of this document automation technology enables us to keep prices low. In addition, our legal technician team will review your answers for consistency and to make sure you have answered every question. A member of our legal technician team will reach out to you by phone or email, or through your secure MyLegalAffairs™ account, if additional information is needed or if information is missing.
The information you enter will be stored securely online, allowing you to access and complete the questionnaire at any time.
The minimum browser requirements for creating documents on the Web site are Internet Explorer version 6.0 and above, Firefox version 2.0 and above, Chrome, or Safari. You can assemble documents and legal forms on an IPad or Smart Phone through the web browser.
Most questions are accompanied by explanatory notes designed to provide you with the information needed to answer the question correctly. A small “?” (question mark) icon by any question indicates that there is explanatory text to help you answer a question. Click on the “?” to see the help text; click on the “?” again to close the help text pop up box.
If you have a red asterisk next to a questions group, this shows that you have missed answering a question. Double click on the questions group to view and complete any unanswered questions. Questions specifically listed as “optional” or that have help text indicating the question may be skipped or left blank can remain unanswered. Otherwise, complete required questions to ensure the accuracy of your document.
You will receive an email advising you that your document is complete. The email will either have an attachment with the finished document, or the completed document or form will be uploaded to your secure MyLegalAffairs™ account where you can download it.
We will also mail you a paper copy through the U.S. Postal Service. Your document will have detailed instructions on how to execute your document or how to file it with the court. You can call our Customer Support team at any time if you need more information.
Once you have logged into your MyLegalAffairs™ account you will see a list of completed documents under the Document tab. Click on the assembled document directly and you can print a copy. You can also export the document to your desktop in MS Word or Adobe .PDF and print the document from your local printer.
My account: Contains the personal details you entered when you registered with JusticeXpress. From this section of the site you are able to view and/or amend any of these details.
My services: Contains an overview of services you have access to.
Summary: An overview of document services (you have accessed) and documents in progress.
My templates: Here you can start to create new legal documents based on the service you have purchased.
We utilize the same level of protection and security that is used by banks and required by our national insurance company clients. Through our secure, state-of-the-art hosting facilities, our customers receive the highest data protection commercially available.
We provide an integrated system that allows authorized parties in and keeps everyone else out through the use of:
- Firewalls to prevent unauthorized access;
- SSL encryption to keep documents secure;
- U.S. government-standard 128-bit AES encryption;
- Site certificates to verify server identities;
- Secure IDs to verify user identity;
- Windows security to keep network logins locked up;
- Intrusion protection against login attempt and unauthorized transmissions; and
- Off-site data storage.