When you are first faced with a legal problem, you are confused and don’t know which path to take.
Our new Legal Navigator Service can put you on the right path to help you solve your legal problem and understand your legal issue.
To solve your legal problem at the lowest possible cost, the first step is to look for resources on the Internet that can provide you with legal information about your problem.
There are many information resources within the JusticeXpress website that you will find useful, plus there are many other legal resources for Florida residents on the Internet that can be helpful in resolving your legal problem.
Often there are free resources and forms you can use to get your legal task done. Sometimes all you need is legal information to solve your legal problem.
Our Free Legal Navigator Service can help you identify legal resources on the Internet that can help solve your legal problem.
Different legal problems require different legal solutions. Sometimes just legal information alone can solve your legal problem. Or a legal form. Sometimes you need just a bit of legal advice to go down the right path. Or you may need what is now called a “limited service” or “unbundled legal service” from an attorney. Sometimes you need the full representational services of an attorney, and you will need to pay for those services by the hour if you cannot locate an attorney in your area that will charge you a flat fee. You may also qualify for free legal services if you are income eligible.
Our Legal Navigator Service is designed to guide you down the appropriate path to solve your puzzle. We are your personal Legal Concierge – helping you to find just the right legal resource that is appropriate to the kind of problem you have.
How It Works:
- Click here to register to access our Free Legal Navigator Service.
- We provide this free service only through the Communications function within our MyLegalAffairs platform by secure text. Telephone guidance is not available.
Your Legal Navigator is not a lawyer so we can’t provide you with legal advice.
We can provide you with:
- A review of the information you provide;
- Communicate with you to clarify questions, obtain additional information if needed, and guide you to resources on the Internet which can help provide answers to your questions; and
- Outline the general steps you can take to resolve your situation.
- Provide information about alternative means to resolve your dispute or legal issue, including mediation and arbitration, if it might be appropriate;
- Point you to resources that explain your legal rights; and
- Provide information about procedures for filing or serving documents (if applicable).
- We can also point you to online lawyer resources where you can purchase legal advice by the minute, if you feel that you need legal advice.
- We can point you to legal referral resources if your case requires the full services of an attorney.
Your email address is always confidential and never sold or distributed to any third party.
FAQ on our Legal Navigator Service
When you register for a free MyLegalAffairs account, your questions and the answers you receive from our Legal Navigator team are encrypted and totally secure in your account. You will also be able to store your questions and the answers we provide as long as you wish. There is no cost to register and set up an account with JusticeXpress.
The Florida Bar's Unauthorized Practice of Law rules prohibit non-lawyers from giving legal advice. We can provide legal information. To avoid disputes with the Florida Bar, we want to maintain a written record of the answers we give to your questions.
The questions you ask and the answers we provide are completely confidential and encrypted - which means they are totally secure. However, your questions and our answers are not protected by the Attorney/Client privilege as we are not a law firm.
If you purchase a legal document preparation service from JusticeXpress, of course you can speak to our team by phone - and also Facetime and Skype.
We provide the Legal Navigator for free as a public service and as evidence of our commitment to provide access to the legal system for everyone. The only "price" you pay is that you may receive emails or communications from us in the future about our services and programs.
- We do not sell or distribute your personal data and legal information to any third party under any circumstances. You can be assured that your personal and legal information stays within our systems.
Questions are answered by our team of trained legal document technicians, law students, and sometimes lawyers on our staff. As indicated above, we do not provide legal advice.
We answer questions on legal subjects where we can point you to a resource that has been published on the Internet, except we do not answer questions on:
- criminal matters
- complicated tax questions
- Appellate procedures
- Patent matters
Some courts in Florida operate a similar Navigator service, but it is limited to court actions and procedures. For example, the courts in Palm Beach County provide free assistance with the preparation of certain court documents and procedural information for most family law and county civil actions. You can schedule an appointment by calling (561) 355-7048. See Self-Help Centers.
Check with your local court to see if a similar service is offered in your county. There are plans to provide "Court Navigators" in some Florida Courts.